You may also like
A scratch awl is a truly multiuse tool that belongs in every DIYer’s toolbox. This versatile, handheld tool acts as a marking and punching tool for sailcloth, chrome tanned/sailmaker’s leather, vegetable tanned leather, canvas and coated materials such as waxed canvas. A high-quality scratch awl is a must-have for sailmakers, leatherworkers, bag makers and everyday sewers who regularly use leather or coated materials.
With its sharp, high-quality metal point and sturdy yellow handle, this awl is ideal for:
- Pre-punching holes for hand sewing.
- Marking spots for future stitch holes.
- Reopening or enlarging existing stitch holes.
- Scoring stitch lines, seam allowances, patterns and other measurements into the material.
- Holding material in place — just punch the awl through the fabric and into a sacrificial surface.
- Holding the Sailrite® Canvas Patterning Ruler (#107040) in place around a center point.
Does what it says in the loft
Priced right and works perfectly
The products were everything they said they would be.quality. i will order again
That's Awl Folks...
It's an Awl. It just works...
Good size for working with waxed canvas
Works very well
Pricey but well made and usefull
A bit pricey, but it does work very well with the Sailrite ruler used to draw circles of various diameters on fabric.
Have not used it yet, so can't really rate it!
Osborne... enough said!
Quality as I' expect from Osborne tool.